VISIT WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN FROM THE COMFORT AND SAFETY OF HOME.
Scheduling a virtual medical visit is quick and easy. Just give us a call, and a team member will schedule an appointment with your primary or specialty care physician online or by phone. During a virtual appointment, your provider can prescribe or adjust medications, determine if further care is needed, coordinate treatment and much more. Virtual medical visits are available for both new and current patients.
Athena Health Patient Portal is the Roanoke Valley Health Services’ patient portal. It allows you to view your personal health information, securely message with your physicians, request appointments, and more.
Our caring staff of physicians and nurse practitioners at Vidant Family Medicine – Roanoke Rapids offer patients a variety of health services ranging from general family healthcare, chronic illness management to immunizations and laboratory services.
Services and treatments offered at Vidant Family Medicine – Roanoke Rapids include:
- Wellness care, such as Medicare annual wellness visits, physical examinations, vaccinations, pap smears, preventative medicine
- Chronic disease management (Diabetes, hypertension and other chronic diseases)
- Treatment for non-emergent/acute illnesses
- Minor emergencies
- Laboratory testing
- Health education
- Specialist referrals as needed
- Hospitalization through the Hospitalist program
- Allergy testing and shots
- Behavioral health needs (Assessed by our primary care providers and when appropriate a referral to a psychologist or psychiatrist can be arranged)
- Cosmetic treatments, such as Botox®, Schlerotherapy, and Dermal Fillers
Patient-Centered Medical Home
Vidant Family Medicine – Roanoke Rapids has been named a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). The award is for facilities that combine teamwork and information technology to improve patients’ experience of care, improve quality outcomes through an evidence based delivery approach, and reduce costs. Learn more about this designation as well as other patient information.
Learn more about Patient-Centered Medical Homes.
A few of our quality measures for 2017:
- Breast cancer screening 77%
- Care plans (medical power of attorney or living wills) 99%
- Colorectal cancer screening 70%
- Controlling high blood pressure 72%
- Documentation of current medications 100%
- Ischemic vascular disease: use of Aspirin or another thrombolytic 95%
- Preventive care and screening: tobacco use screening and cessation 100%
CMS Million Hearts Participant
Vidant Family Medicine – Roanoke Rapids was selected by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services as one of 516 participants across the U.S. to participate in a Risk Reduction Program for Cardiovascular Disease. The clinic is one of 11 practices across the state of North Carolina participating in the five-year study. The research model focuses on strategic ways to reduce risk factors for preventing heart attacks and strokes.
Patient Assistance Medication Program
Vidant Family Medicine – Roanoke Rapids is licensed to receive sample medications through the pharmaceutical companies and their patient assistance medication programs. Please talk to your provider if you’re having trouble affording your medications.
Contact Vidant Family Medicine – Roanoke Rapids:
1385 Medical Center Drive
Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
Phone: (252) 537-9176
Fax: (252) 537-6851
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.